How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident abroad benefits

    Your accident abroad benefits covered

    If you have suffered an accident, injury or illness whilst you were on holiday abroad, then you may have a case for compensation. Your tour operator, airline and hotel staff all have a duty of care to ensure your safety and provide a safe and hygienic environment. Even if you didn’t have travel insurance we may still be able to help by bringing a claim in the UK against your tour operator or your employer. Indeed, if you did purchase holiday insurance as part of a package holiday that insurance policy will not cover your legal costs in making a claim against your tour operator.

    If you are involved in a car accident abroad then you can still claim in your home country, even if the foreign driver is not insured.

    Some of the most common types of accidents abroad include:

    • Tripping over a defective path or slipping on a wet floor in the hotel.
    • Road traffic accident whilst driving a rental car, motorcycle, minibus or as a pedestrian.
    • Accident as a passenger whilst travelling in a car, coach or taxi.
    • Food poisoning from the hotel restaurant.
    • Sports accident due to poorly maintained or faulty equipment
    • Injured whilst on an arranged day excursion.

    Compensation for injuries and illness

    Your accident abroad benefits will include compensation for the injuries and illness suffered, loss of enjoyment for you and your family, loss of income due to time off work and costs to help with medication and rehabilitation.

    These claims can be challenging to win but are worth pursuing.   In making the claim you have to prove where you contracted the illness or food poisoning and then prove the other party (restaurant owner, hotel owner, cruise line operator) is to blame.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Investigating the claim

    Often, that other party will take a long time investigating a claim before finally suggesting that it is not their responsibility, so these cases can drag on.  We understand how to deal with such delaying tactics and are experienced in the steps needed to prove responsibility and speed things up a bit.

    If you believe you may be entitled to compensation for an accident or illness whilst on holiday or require further information, you can call us on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 or you can fill out one of our simple forms.

    Our now famous 30 second test will be able to give you an idea of whether you have a legitimate claim and also how much you could potentially claim in compensation.

    Date Published: 4th August 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.