Knocked off your bike? Injured through no fault of your own? Claim compensation today
Cycling is a popular and enjoyable pastime that ensures that the cyclist remains fit and healthy, as well as being a relatively cheap and convenient means of transport. Many cyclists choose to pedal their way to work in inner cities to avoid congestion charges, the heavy congestion of traffic and an enormous amount of wasted hours sat in queues of traffic going nowhere.
However, as a cyclist you may be one of the most vulnerable groups of road users on the highways. The only form of protection against impact with other road users is the protective equipment that you may choose to wear and fit to your bike.
If you, or a fellow cyclist, have been injured whilst out cycling through no fault of your own within the last 3 years’, then you may be legally entitled to pursue compensation in the form of an Abergele no win no fee accident claim.
Keep safe on the saddle
The frame of a cycle is designed to be lightweight and aerodynamic. Unfortunately, safety features are low on the list of design factors with the result that an impact or collision with another object or vehicle can leave the rider unprotected and at an increased risk of serious injury.
As a cyclist on the increasingly busy roads, it is more important than ever that road safety is taken seriously. Accidents can, and do, occur when you least expect them to happen, often with devastating results. In order to avoid having to make an Abergele no win no fee accident claim, it’s advisable to:
- always wear an approved and well adjusted helmet to avoid the risk of serious head trauma in the event of an accident
- wear protective glasses to avoid debris and flying insects distracting you and causing injury whilst cycling
- wear highly reflective clothing such as a high visibility vest over outer garments to increase your visibility to other road users
- fit suitable and approved lights to the front and rear of your bike
- check that lights and brakes are in full working order before setting out on a trip, however short.
- check the condition and inflation of tyres.
- fit reflective tape to rucksacks and ensure that they are visible to other road users
Making your Abergele no win no fee accident compensation claim today
If you’ve been injured through no fault of your own and you obtained medical help for your injuries, you should certainly consider making an Abergele no win no fee accident claim. Providing you were hurt within the last three years, there’s a good chance that you’ll be eligible to take legal action.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline now
For assistance with your claim, or to find out more today, contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile.
Date Published: 20th October 2014