Ruthin is a settlement within the northern area of Wales, which is also the county town of the principal area of Denbighshire. The town is situated around a hill in the Vale of Clwyd, with much of the older part of the settlement being found at the top of the hill and the newer areas having spread down the hillsides.

The name ‘Ruthin’ comes from the Welsh words rhudd (red) and din (fort), and refers to the colour of the new red sandstone which forms the geologic basis of the area, from which the settlement’s castle was constructed between 1277 and 1284.

Modern Day Ruthin

As of the 2001 census, the town of Ruthin had a permanent resident population of 5,218 people who were spread across the many households in the town. The town has a surprisingly large number of Welsh speakers, with 42% of Ruthin residents having claimed to speak their native tongue. In spite of this apparent individuality which sets Ruthin apart from other settlements within the UK, when it comes to personal injury compensation claims Ruthin residents have the same rights as everybody else in the country.

Personal Injury Claims for Ruthin Residents

When it comes to personal injury claims, Ruthin residents have an equal entitlement to pursue proceedings as those who live elsewhere in the UK, but do residents of this Welsh town fully understand the claims process? If the answer is that you do not know much about claims, then you can find out the basic details by reading on below.

When Could You Claim?

The first crucial thing to learn is when an entitlement to claim actually exists, which is when you have been injured or have fallen ill and it was demonstrably the fault of another party. That party could be another individual, an organisation, or a company. Two common types of incident to create claims are road traffic accidents and injuries in the workplace.

How Long Do You Have to Claim?

For most types of claim, there is a three-year restriction placed upon how long you can wait after an incident before seeking to begin claims proceedings. This restriction does not necessarily apply, however, to all claims which regard injuries suffered by a minor or industrial diseases like asbestos poisoning.

Who Can Help with Your Claim?

If you do wish to pursue a claim, the best people to contact are undoubtedly Accident Advice Helpline. They are specialists in the field who are dedicated to getting claimants the compensation they deserve and have friendly advisers available 24 hours a day via both 0800 180 4123 from a landline and 0333 500 0992 freephone for mobile phones.

Is there anything wrong with this page?
Report Post
Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.