Tourist attractions are great spots to visit when travelling around at the weekend. New scenery and fresh air are great for a weekend break and getaway but if you trip and fall in a public place you could end up in pain for the rest of your break. Being involved in an accident in a place away from home can still be claimed on if the accident was not your fault.

What Are The First Actions For Claims In North East Derbyshire?

When the accident happens the best course of action after making sure you are not in any difficulty is to get details of anyone who saw the accident. Being at a tourist location there may be a good handful of people who witnessed it so ask them for their contact details so they can be contacted at a later date for a statement.

For claims in North East Derbyshire having photographs of what the hazard was is particularly important. As the location is away from your local area it is best to get as many photographs as possible to give others a good view of the area the accident happened in and how it was caused. Using either a camera or mobile phone would suffice.

Who Am I Claiming Against?

The defending party of an accident that happened in a public place can vary on a large scale. Depending on where the accident happened your case could be against a local council or the owner of the piece of land you are visiting.

For claims in North East Derbyshire at tourist locations such as castles, they will more than likely have public liability insurance with the owners of the property. In situations like these it is highly likely that your case for compensation will be put against the insurance company for the property.

Having an accident whilst away for a break can be hard especially since you’re at that place to relax. If an accident does happen that you are not responsible for then you could be entitled to some compensation. If you aren’t sure whether you are entitled to any compensation or you don’t know what actions to take in order to start making a claim then get in touch with us today.

Call us at Accident Advice Helpline for free on 0800 689 0500 for some free advice on compensation claims.

Is there anything wrong with this page?
Report Post
Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.