Personal injury claims in Kettering can be made for much more than slips, trips, and falls or car accidents. They can also be made for industrial illness and diseases that have occurred during the course of a career. If you have suffered from such an affliction, our experienced team of personal injury lawyers, at Accident Advice Helpline, can help you to secure compensation.

Industrial deafness claims in Kettering

One of the things we can help you to make claim for is industrial deafness. This is a condition that comes about as a direct result of working in a noisy environment. It can lead to both sudden and gradual hearing loss, which can obviously have a pretty devastating impact on you.

Usually, it is people who work in places where the noise levels reach over 80 decibels that fall victim to industrial deafness. If you think that your deafness could be the result of your working environment, you may be able to launch a claim for personal injury compensation.

Your employers have a duty of care

It does not matter where you work or who you work for, your employers have a duty to ensure that your working environment is safe. If they fail to do so, and it results in any injury, illness, or disease, including deafness, then you do not have to sit back and accept your fate, we can help you fight for the compensation you deserve as a result of their bad practices.

In the case of industrial deafness, your employer should have provided you with good quality ear protection and given you training in how to minimise the dangers of a noisy workplace. If they failed to do so, you will most definitely have a case against them, should you have gone deaf as a result.

Symptoms of industrial deafness

The symptoms of industrial deafness include:

  • Permanent or temporary hearing loss
  • Impaired hearing
  • Needing to turn things to a high volume in order to hear properly
  • Tinnitus
  • Acoustic trauma

If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should first seek medical treatment, before getting in touch with us to pursue a compensation claim.

Claiming for industrial deafness

In order to make a claim for industrial deafness, you will need an official diagnosis from a medical professional. You will also need to prove that your condition was caused by your working conditions, and that your employer was negligent in some way. If you think you can do these things, then we can help you.

To find out more about making industrial deafness claims in Kettering, call us, at Accident Advice Helpline, at any time. Our free number is 0800 689 0500 and can be reached from any landline. You can also call us from your mobile by dialling 0333 500 0993. Calls from mobiles will be charged at your standard rate.

Is there anything wrong with this page?
Report Post
Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.