Have you been injured in a workplace accident in Selby? If so, and the incident was not your fault, you should definitely think about making a claim for compensation. You may be feeling a bit worried about doing so, as a lot of people fear there will be repercussions if they make a claim against their employer.

But you don’t need to fret; if your employer caused the incident and consequently your injuries, they will recognise that you need to be compensated and they will have insurance in place to cover this. Keeping that in mind, read on to discover the steps you should take when making workplace accidents claims in Selby.

Claims in Selby for workplace incidents

There are various things you need to do if you have been involved in a workplace accident, such as:

  • See a medical professional – It is vital to see a doctor if you want to have any chance of securing compensation. You may be thinking “well, of course I’m going to have to see a doctor if I’ve been hurt.” However, there are those that suffer minor injuries and they would rather cope themselves than go to a hospital. If this applies to you, you will ruin your chance of getting compensation, as there will be no proof of your injuries.
  • Report the incident to your employer – It is imperative to tell your employer what happened as soon as you get the opportunity. This is because all employers are required to have an accident book by law and they will need to record the incident in this.
  • Use a no-win no-fee solicitor – There are many benefits associated with using the services of a no-win no-fee solicitor. Not only will you be financially protected because you only need to pay legal fees if your case is a success, but you will also benefit from a better service if you go down this route. You will be pleased to know that all of our solicitors work on a no-win no-fee basis here at Accident Advice Helpline.
  • Keep proof of expenses – Last but not least, it is vital to keep proof of any expenses you have encountered as a direct result of your injuries. This includes the likes of medical expenses, loss of income, travel costs, counselling expenses and childcare costs. You can claim for these so long as you have proof.

Call Accident Advice Helpline

To discuss your claim with no obligation and in confidence, ring our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. You can also text ‘claim365’ to 88010 and we will call you.

Is there anything wrong with this page?
Report Post
Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.