When it comes to personal injury claims in Enfield, there is one thing everyone wants to know and this is how much money they will be entitled to. After all, you don’t want to spend time and money on a case if you’re going to end up with peanuts! While we cannot give you an exact estimate without knowing the ins and outs of your case, we can give you a low down on how compensation works. So, keep on reading to discover everything you need to know.

Compensation for claims in Enfield

It is imperative to establish the fact that there are two types of compensation – general damages and special damages. You can find an explanation of both below:

  • General damages – This is the amount of money you will receive to compensate you for your injuries and help you through the recovery phase. It is calculated using the medical report that is provided by your doctor. This report states your injuries, medical diagnosis and the treatment plan that has been advised, highlighting why it is imperative to see a medical professional if you want to make a claim.
  • Special damages – Special damages are designed to compensate you for any out of pocket costs you have experienced as a result of your injuries. After all, why should you have to pay for the likes of hospital parking and medication when someone else is responsible for your suffering?

Examples of special damages

To give you a better idea of what special damages are, let’s take a look at some common examples:

  • Medical costs – If you have been injured, there is a very high chance you will have prescription and treatment costs.
  • Loss of earnings – A lot of people find themselves in a position where they are unable to work during the recovery process. If this applies to you, you will be able to claim for the money lost.
  • Vehicle repair costs – If you have been involved in a road traffic accident you can receive compensation to cover the cost of repairing your vehicle.
  • Childcare expenses – A lot of people need to hire a child minder to look after their children while they recover.

Get in contact with Accident Advice Helpline today

If you are unsure whether to proceed with a claim, have chat to our friendly advisers and get answers to all your questions about compensation. You can call them today on freephone 0800 689 0500 from a landline or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.


Is there anything wrong with this page?
Report Post
Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.