A guide to claiming compensation in Huntingdonshire
If you are thinking about claiming personal injury compensation in Huntingdonshire following an accident in Huntingdonshire then this short article will arm you with some useful information about the claim process.
Who can claim?
Anyone who has suffered a personal injury as a result of someone else’s negligence. So you can claim for:
- An injury sustained in an accident on the road, at work or in a public place
- An injury or illness caused by a faulty product, appliance or service
- A psychological illness following any accident, or because of stress at work
- An illness caused or exasperated because of inadequate medical care
If your injury or illness doesn’t fit into one of the categories above then don’t worry, it is by no means a comprehensive list! To check whether the cause of your injury or illness meets the criteria for claiming, call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and one of our advisers will happily confirm whether or not you are entitled to claim compensation.
The amount of compensation you receive will depend on how serious your injury was, how it affected your life, and how much it cost you financially – you can claim back money spent on things like child care, travel expenses and private medical treatment so make sure that you keep evidence of your expenses.
- For an estimate of how much you claim may be worth, use the compensation calculator tool on our website: www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk
Choosing the right solicitor
To get your money you will need to file your claim with a lawyer – an injury lawyer to give you the best chance of making a successful claim.
If you would like us to handle your claim for you then we will assign your claim to one of our lawyers who will work on your claim under a ‘no win, no fee’ agreement. The advantages of claiming under a no win no fee agreement are that:
- You do not have to find the money to pay your legal fees upfront – it will cost you nothing to get your claim started and you won’t have to pay out a penny if your claim is unsuccessful.
- Because we operate a ‘no win, no fee’ policy you can be 100 per cent confident that we are being 100 per cent honest about the chances of your claim being a success, and will know that we are working our hardest to make sure that it is a success.
Please note: you cannot get legal aid for a personal injury claim.
Our solicitors will do all that they can to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible – we have one of the highest success rates in the industry and a commitment to customer care.
To talk to us today about compensation in Huntingdonshire please call 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 if using a mobile. All calls are kept confidential and our lines are open 24/7.