Claiming compensation after your Hillingdon work accident

If you have been injured, or made unwell, because of an accident at work caused by your employer’s negligence then you can claim personal injury compensation.

Taking your employer to account for the injury or illness that you suffered is no small matter; but please bear in mind that you cannot be dismissed for claiming compensation, and that your employer doesn’t pay your compensation, their insurer does.

Nonetheless, out of all accident related lawsuits, claiming against an employer has to be the type of claim that causes the most inner turmoil, but you’re not alone:

  • Statistics from the Health Service Executive show that there were 78,222 reported non-fatal work related injuries in 2012/13.
  • 1.8 million people took time off work with an injury or illness that they believed was caused or exacerbated by their job. (The majority of these absences were caused by musculoskeletal injuries, stress, depression and anxiety.)
  • And in 2011/12 27 million workdays were lost because of a workplace injury or work related illness.
  • In 2010/11 workplace injuries and illnesses cost Britain £13.8 million.

Looking at the last point gives a further reason why you should claim compensation for your injury or illness; work related injuries and illnesses are caused, primarily, by:

  • An employer failing to provide suitable protective clothing and equipment.
  • Insufficient training (i.e. in manual handling).
  • An employer or company not adhering to health and safety procedures.
  • Or faulty, unserviced machinery.

Claiming compensation for an injury or illness that has been caused by any of the above will make sure that the problem is dealt with, thereby preventing further accidents.

Your claim

So we’ve looked at why you should claim compensation after your Hillingdon work accident; now, if you want to go ahead and claim, you will need to double check that you are eligible:

  • You can claim compensation for any work related injury or illness – including RSI, (repetitive strain injury) and work related stress.
  • You have three years from the date of your accident – or more accurately, the date on which you realised you were injured – to file your compensation claim.

If you haven’t already done so, please report your accident, or illness, to your employer –  data from accident records, which your employer submits to the Health Safety Executive, allows health and safety procedures to be re-evaluated and tightened up where necessary.

If you would like to find out more about claiming compensation after your Hillingdon work accident then please call our helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 if using a mobile. Both lines are open 24/7 and all calls are kept confidential.

If you do decide to claim compensation through Accident Advice Helpline then your case will be fought under a no win no fee contract. We have one of the highest success rates in the industry and will do all that we can to get you the maximum amount of compensation.

Is there anything wrong with this page?
Report Post
Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.