According to ROSPA, every year, more than 76,000 children under the age of 14 have to get treatment following an accident.
If your child has been involved in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, our claims solicitors are here to help you, contact us for free legal advice from our expert solicitors.
Children accident No Win No fee claims
Almost all of our children accident claims cases are conducted on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning we only take a fee if we win compensation on your behalf. Therefore, there is no financial risk to you.
Children accidents explained
Children are likely to be involved in an accident, and quite often, it’s due to no one’s fault. However, if someone else’s actions or negligence were even partly to blame for your child’s injury, you may be able to claim compensation on behalf of your child. Please get in touch with us to establish your full legal position.
Common causes and types of children accidents
Children accidents are nothing out of the ordinary. Luckily, most accidents only cause minor injuries and children usually make a full recovery within a few days. However, in other cases, the injuries are more serious and the accident was someone else’s fault.
These are common cases we’ve helped with:
- Nursery accidents: where the nursery or daycare assistant was negligent.
- Road traffic accidents: where other road users showed negligent behaviour.
- School or sports ground accidents: where the school or sports club failed in their duty of care.
- Unsafe products: where a product designed for children was not safe to use or defective.
- Slips, trips or falls: where spillages haven’t been cleaned in time, e.g. in the supermarket.
- Incomplete instructions: where your child hasn’t received the proper instructions, e.g. during horse riding lessons or skiing.
These accidents can lead to all sorts of injuries and even fatal consequences, for example:
If your child is suffering from an accident due to someone else’s negligence, you can claim compensation on their behalf.
What can I claim for?
If your child has been involved in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, you can claim compensation for the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Additional care or loss of earnings, if you have to look after your child
- House modifications
- Rehabilitation and treatment
My child has been involved in an accident with no witnesses. Is it even worth trying to claim compensation?
Although witness evidence is of great benefit to any case, you still may be able to make a claim if there were no witnesses to the accident. For example, if your child fell on an uneven paying stone and no one witnessed the accident take place, photographic evidence of the scene and medical evidence may be enough to claim compensation.
As we work on a No Win No Fee basis, there is no financial risk to you so it is worth getting in touch to see if we can help. Contact us to establish your full legal position.
How much can I claim for a child accident?
It completely depends on the type of injury your child has and the impact it has on their life. If the injury was caused due to someone else’s negligence, the claim for pain and suffering could be worth several thousands of pounds. For more information call us on freephone 0800 083 5045 or try our online claims calculator.