How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Work bullying claim?

    Filing a work bullying claim is not as easy as you may think. Since workplace bullying is not against the law, you may have a claim only if you can prove that you have fallen victim to workplace discrimination or harassment. If you cannot prove this, you should inform your supervisor or employer in writing about the bullying behaviour of your co-worker. If you are victimised for complaining, you may file a claim for victimisation under the Employment Rights Act 1993.

    Effects of bullying

    Workplace bullying can cause you anxiety, depression, and even post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). If you suffer from depression or PTSD, you should visit a qualified psychiatrist, who will diagnose you and provide you with a copy of your medical record. Additionally, you should record the details of all bullying episodes and write a letter to your employer, explaining to him or her that you suffer from a form of psychiatric illness resulting from the inappropriate behaviour of another member of staff. If you are victimised for reporting a bullying incident, you may have a solid claim, for which tribunals typically award substantial compensation awards.

    Why you should approach experienced solicitors

    Gathering evidence to sustain a work bullying claim can be very difficult. For this reason, it is best to approach experienced professionals, who can help you get the evidence you need. If you consider filing a compensation claim against your employer or your offender directly, you should contact us, the solicitors working at Accident Advice Helpline. We are able to help you because we know that:

    • According to the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, your employer is responsible for taking reasonable care of you whilst at work, including preventing potential harassment or discrimination episodes. Failure to ensure a healthy and safe work environment is a breach of contract.
    • The Equality Act 2010 prohibits employers from differentiating employees based on marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, nationality, citizenship, race, or colour.

    Additionally, we can help you deal with different awkward situations that you may face at work. For instance, if your supervisor is the bully, and the grievance procedure indicates that you should report the incident to him or her, we advise you to make the complaint in writing to your supervisor, but ask that it is passed on to the manager. If your situation does not improve or gets worse, make the complaint to your human resources department.

    If the person bullying you is the owner of the company, following the grievance procedure will help you support your case if you decide to take legal action against your employer. If your employer is violent and abusive towards you, you can start legal proceedings without following grievance procedures.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Beginning your work bullying claim

    Remember that it is very important to seek professional advice before pursuing legal action against the person bullying you. Since it is impossible to sue somebody for bullying, only a professional solicitor can help you make your claim according to the appropriate laws.  To discuss a potential claim, call our Freephone number 0800 689 05000800 689 0500.

    Date Published: December 2, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.