How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Woman receives £400,000 in blood clot compensation

    By David Brown on October 8, 2014

    Woman receives £400,000 in blood clot compensation

    A 41-year-old mum from Belfast was awarded £400,000 in blood clot compensation for her medical negligence case. The civil servant suffered deep vein thrombosis in her legs after giving birth at Ulster Hospital in June 2009. She claims she was not properly assessed for risk as a mum over the age of 35 and her lawyers argued that preventative drugs should have been prescribed.

    When she attended A & E after the birth with symptoms of deep vein thrombosis, she was told it was ‘probably just her hormones’ and was turned away, even though mothers of her age are more at risk of developing blood clots. A blood clot could prove fatal if it becomes dislodged and travels to the lungs.

    After liability was admitted, she was awarded £400,000 in blood clot compensation and she says the negligence has left her feeling ‘old before her time.’ She finds it hard to walk for more than 10 to 15 minutes at a time and she struggles to climb stairs.

    Claiming compensation for medical negligence

    If you feel that medical negligence has caused your injury or illness, you could claim compensation. If you’re turned away from hospital when you are complaining of symptoms and are later diagnosed, this could mean medical negligence has occurred. It’s a wide-reaching term which can also cover misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, being prescribed the wrong medication and a whole host of other areas. Therefore it’s best to seek advice from a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after you believe medical negligence has occurred – there’s usually a three year time limit in place to make a claim.

    Contact Accident Advice Helpline

    You can find out right now whether you can make a claim for compensation by calling Accident Advice Helpline. It’s free to call and we are open 24/7 – our team of professional personal injury lawyers have 15 years’ experience and are here to offer confidential, no-obligation advice. We come highly recommended by our patron Esther Rantzen, for our superior customer service, and there are no upfront fees to pay – all our lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee** basis. We’re here to help you claim the compensation you deserve if medical negligence has affected you or someone you love, and we have helped hundreds of customers just like you to make a successful claim. So call us today; we’re waiting to hear from you.

    Source: BBC 

    Share On


    Date Published: October 8, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: News

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.