If you have ever been in an accident then you know how frightening, stressful and exhausting the whole experience is, especially if you were not to blame for the incident, and this is why it is advisable to hire a specialist solicitor to handle your claim. The ordeal is worsened if you sustain injuries. In such a situation, it is within your rights to demand a compensation claim from the person or organisation responsible for your accident.
Making a compensation claim will present new challenges for you. Not only do you have to worry about recuperating but also about paperwork and other legalities. The entire process can be long, frustrating, confusing and time consuming.
Role of the solicitor
You should get a trustworthy, reputable and experienced lawyer to handle your compensation claim case. You ought to focus on the solicitor’s achievements and settlement history instead of the years they have been in practice. Your specialist solicitor is responsible for the following:
- Going through all the details of your case and giving you legal guidance. Your lawyer will interpret all the legal jargon for you and assist you to understand the process of claiming compensation.
- Advising you on the type of claim you can make, your chances of success and the amount of compensation you could win.
- Discussing how to fund your claim. Your solicitor should outline all the methods at your disposal for meeting the legal costs associated with your case.
- Building a strong case for you. This is the most crucial role that your lawyer will play. Your legal team will go through all the available evidence, reports and records of your accident in order to present the best case for you. They will also handle all the legal paperwork involved in making a solid case.
- Negotiating with the defendant on your behalf. Your lawyer will send a claim letter to the defendant (person responsible for your accident) setting out the details of your injury and subsequent claim. The defendant then accepts or denies liability. If the former happens, your lawyer will try to settle the claim out of court.
- Representing you in court. If the defendant denies liability, your claim will be presented before a judge. Your solicitor will fully represent you during the court proceedings.
Advantages of hiring a specialist solicitorOpen Claim Calculator
- A solicitor will know the various legitimate losses to include in your compensation claim that you may have no idea of on your own.
- Your solicitor is in a better position to demand and obtain more compensation for your injuries. Your lawyer has access to all the recent laws relevant to your case and will be taken more seriously by the defendants, leading to a larger payout.
- A solicitor will know the evidence that is needed to support your compensation claim including the necessary medical reports and records.
We can help
Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we have a nationwide panel of more than 150 solicitors’ firms and we can help you find the best one for your case. Contact us today on 0800 689 0500.