How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Who’s to blame for my indoor climbing injury?

    You might think that climbing indoors at a climbing wall is a lot safer than climbing outdoors on rocks, and for the most part you’d be right. But that’s not to say that accidents can’t and don’t happen. If you have been injured whilst using a climbing wall, it can be difficult to work out who’s to blame for your indoor climbing injury.

    You could always get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to find out who is at fault and see if you’re eligible to make a claim for personal injury compensation. You deserve to be compensated if somebody else is to blame for your accident, and you have three years in which to make a claim, no matter how you have been injured.

    How could you be injured whilst climbing?

    Indoor climbing walls and centres will normally insist you have an induction with a qualified instructor if you’re not already an experienced climber. This shows you how to use the ropes and other equipment safely. So if you’re injured and you haven’t had an induction, the centre could be held liable. Perhaps your instructor has made you climb walls too advanced for your skills, or maybe you’ve been injured due to faulty ropes or safety equipment.

    There have even been cases where people have been injured whilst bouldering (climbing without ropes) after faulty hand holds have caused a fall from height. If you don’t have a competent belayer (somebody to work the ropes) then you could be injured. Common injuries from indoor climbing accidents include cuts and bruises, head injuries, back injuries and broken bones, depending on how far you fall and your landing. But if you’re wondering, “Who’s to blame for my indoor climbing injury?” it’s a good idea to get in touch with us and find out.

    How much compensation could you get?

    Regardless of who’s to blame for your indoor climbing injury, if you have suffered injuries and somebody else is at fault, you could make a claim for compensation. The amount of compensation you’ll get will take into account not only your injuries but also how they have affected your life. So if you need to take a few months off work for a head or back injury, you’ll be compensated for your loss of earnings. You can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline today by calling our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 to find out if you could make a 100% no win, no fee* claim after your climbing accident.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.