How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What to do if you have an industrial accident

    When the term industrial accident comes up, you may imagine accidents occurring in factories, in large buildings where lots of technical work goes on, and similar situations. However, in reality, an industrial accident could potentially happen in any workplace. This means you could suffer an accident while working in an office, regardless of where that office happens to be.

    Accidents such as these range from very minor incidents to those that cause either serious injury or possibly even death to one or more of those injured. For example, tripping over a step could cause injury, while in the worst-case scenario someone could lose their life in an explosion or other serious incident.

    What should you do if you are hurt while at work?

    Firstly, it is of paramount importance that you receive medical attention for your injuries. The incident should also be reported because it should be included in the accident book. Your employer should be more than aware of what occurred and how it occurred, to ensure they can take steps to prevent anything similar happening again.

    However, this does not help your situation. You have already suffered from one or more injuries, and while medical attention should help you on the way to recovery, you may well feel you have a chance to make a claim for compensation.

    Does it matter what kind of industrial accident you suffered from?

    No – all that matters is that you get medical help and you then find out where you stand in a legal sense. If you were not to blame for the accident, you have a chance to find out whether someone else was to blame. For example, the potential may exist for your employer to have flouted health and safety rules. If this is the case, you can determine whether a compensation claim might be a possibility.

    Open Claim Calculator

    So whether you have minor injuries or your life has been permanently changed because of the injuries you suffered, do make sure you call Accident Advice Helpline as quickly as possible. You must do so within three years of suffering your injuries in order to have a chance of making a no win, no fee* compensation claim. Our number is 0800 689 0500; alternatively, you can try the 30-second online test to see whether you could claim anything for the injuries you ended up with.

    Date Published: March 5, 2016

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Category: Industrial injury claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.