How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What to do if you have an accident at work

    Accidents can happen in the workplace no matter how vigilant you are, so it’s important that you know what to do in the event of an incident.

    This short guide should help you to make sure that you and your employer, are following the right procedures when dealing with accidents at work:

    Does your employer need to report the accident?

    Serious injuries such as broken bones, chemical inhalation and any other injury or contraction of a disease that stops an employee working for at least three days needs to be reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

    If you or a colleague suffers one of these types of injuries you should make sure that your employer has reported the incident to the HSE, otherwise it could affect any claim for compensation that you make against your employer in the future.

    Recording accidents

    If you have an accident at work you should also record it in your company accident book, which is mandatory for all accept the very smallest companies.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Recording your accident in an accident book can help your case if you need to take time off work or claim for compensation later on.

    Taking time off to recover

    You are entitled to statutory sick pay if you have to take time off to recover from an accident at work.

    Your employer may offer you accident sick pay, which is a bumped-up version of the company’s regular sick pay.

    Making a claim

    If your employer is to blame for your accident you have the right to make a claim for compensation against them. You must make a claim within three years of an accident and you will need a personal injury lawyer to represent you.

    If you belong to a trade union, you may be able to use its legal service, if it has one.

    Date Published: July 3, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.