How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Welsh local authorities pay almost £4m compensation over three years

    By David Brown on August 12, 2014

    The latest information to come from a Freedom of Information request has revealed that Welsh local authorities paid out some £3.7 million over a three-year period. The money was paid out in various amounts to staff members as well as members of the public as a consequence of various compensation claims that were made against them.

    A huge chunk of the total, some £1.6 million, was paid out by Cardiff council alone. While the compensation was primarily paid from insurance coverage, there were many individual cases that warranted significant pay outs. For example a carer who worked for a council in Wales sustained a back injury while trying to assist an elderly lady who was in bed. This resulted in a £60,000 compensation payment. Two policemen working for North Wales Police also received almost £6,000 as a consequence of slipping over on ice. Other claims dealt with accidents and injuries both physical and mental in nature.

    Those speaking on behalf of the Welsh local authorities have stated they intend to learn from these incidents to further reduce the chances of them occurring again in the future.

    Could you be entitled to compensation?

    Thankfully incidents like these are relatively rare. Accidents can happen at any time but potential hazards have the chance to increase the odds of a potential accident occurring. If there is evidence that any negligence has been found to have existed, it may be the case that such evidence can help to support any compensation claim you might make. Remember you may be a member of the public and have good cause to make such a claim if you are injured in some way. If you have been in a similar situation it is good to get advice.

    Accident Advice Helpline has 14 years’ experience in this field

    Our professional injury compensation lawyers can provide the no-obligation advice you need to see whether you could make a claim of some kind. If a local council has been negligent in maintaining its services or facilities you may have cause for a no win, no fee claim to be made. You can find out more if you call our free 24/7 enquiry line on 0800 689 0500 to see whether you do have a case to be heard. With our experience and friendly nature you don’t have to wonder whether you could have claimed after all.

    Source: Wales Online

    Share On


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.