How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Water treatment works accident advice

    By David Brown on May 19, 2014

    If you are unfortunate to suffer an injury at work, you might like to seek water treatment works accident advice to find out if compensation is due to you. Due to the nature of water treatment plants and the quantity of chemicals involved, accidents inevitably occur from time to time. We suggest you contact Accident Advice Helpline and we will be happy to suggest the best course of action.

    What are water treatment works responsible for?

    Water treatment plants are responsible for purifying water to a level that makes it safe to be released into rivers and the sea without causing contamination. To achieve this, water plants use settling and filtration systems to remove solids and chemical processes, such as disinfection and coagulation.

    What are the most common types of accidents?

    There are many chemicals involved in water treatment and because of the industrial scale of the operations, the quantities kept on site is quite high. Many of these chemical are volatile, flammable and prone to be explosive if not handled correctly. The majority of accidents reported from water treatment works are fires and explosions caused in some way or another by these chemicals. In addition, the size and scale of some of the machinery involved presents its own set of risks for the workers who maintain it.

    What should I do if there is an accident at work?

    The first thing to do is make sure the accident is reported and properly documented by your supervisors and managers. By doing so, a proper inspection can be carried out to make sure there are no chemical leaks or potential danger of further explosions or fires. You should be monitoring how your company handles this and check that they are adhering to the relevant health and safety regulations. If they are negligent in any way relating to the safety of the plant, they may be held liable if any injuries result. If you have further questions regarding liability and your rights as a worker call our 24-hour free helpline and an experienced adviser will be happy to answer your questions.

    What do I do if I am injured during an accident at work?

    If you are unfortunate enough to be injured in an accident at work there are laws in place to protect you. The first thing you need to do is determine the extent of your injuries by getting checked out and treated by your doctor. You should request a written medical report, which will be essential if you decide to file an accident at work claim. Your injury also needs to be reported to your supervisor or manager at work so that it can be entered in the company’s accident report book. At this point, if you feel your employer’s negligence in anyway contributed to the accident and your injuries, you need to collect evidence to support your claim. Contact us at Accident Advice Helpline for water treatment works accident advice from one of our team of lawyers you can trust. He or she will talk through the legal process with you and give you the best chance of getting the compensation you deserve.

    Share On


    Date Published: May 19, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.