How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Violence injury advice

    From verbal to physical, emotional and psychological abuse, violence can take many different forms, especially at work. Although verbal abuse is the most common act of violence occurring in the workplace, physical attacks can also take place. Unfortunately, some of these attacks result in serious injuries being inflicted and even death. When this happens, the victim should start looking for practical violence injury advice.

    Risk group assessment

    Unfortunately, everyone can experience workplace violence. However, most at risk are the people working in hospitals, schools, shops and institutions representing authority. Whilst for employees an act of violence can cause distress, physical pain and even disability and death, for employers, the same event can lead to a bad reputation and low employee morale, two factors that can prevent an organisation from recruiting and keeping staff. Considering these aspects, both employees and employers have an interest in reducing violence at work. From the employees’ point of view, one way to do this is to file a claim for compensation for the injuries caused by violence in the workplace. Multiple injury compensation claims can stimulate an employer to look for ways to prevent violence at work.

    Are you a victim of workplace violence?

    If you have suffered injuries as a result of an act of violence at work, you can file a claim for compensation against your employer, who can be held responsible for not taking the necessary steps to prevent workplace violence from occurring. In addition to assessing potential workplace violence-related problems, keeping detailed records of incidents, classifying and reporting them and taking appropriate action to reduce the number of such incidents, your employer must have trained you to recognise early signs of aggression and even how to cope with it. Additionally, he or she should have provided you with information to help you identify clients or customers with a history of violence. Your employer should also have installed physical security measures, such as coded security locks, alarm systems and video cameras.

    If your employer has failed to create a secure working environment and you have been injured due to his or her negligence, the only thing left for you to do is to seek violence injury advice. At Accident Advice Helpline, our team of solicitors is here to process your claim and help ensure you obtain the maximum compensation possible for the injuries you have suffered.

    Here is what we can do for you

    Our advisers will connect you with one of our experienced solicitors, who will handle your compensation claim for violence related injuries. This professional will review your potential claim and offer legal advice regarding the value of your claim, how the CICA review operates and if necessary, submit a CICA appeal.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Remember, we will be able to do all these for you only if you take the time to discuss your case with one of our specialists. For this, you can access our contact page or call our freephone number 0800 689 0500. One of our friendly advisers is ready to talk to you and suggest the best course of action for your case.

    Date Published: December 29, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Criminal injury claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.