How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Van accident claims?

    A van driver involved in a road traffic accident can potentially face serious consequences and result in van accident claims being made. Many people drive vans as part of their work and an accident resulting in personal injury can prevent them from earning living, either for a short period or over the longer term. In addition, many van drivers are self-employed and an injury resulting from an accident could not only prevent them working, it could also put their business at risk.

    If you are a van driver who has been involved in an accident resulting in personal injury it may be possible to make a claim for compensation. However, you will only be able to make a claim if the accident was not your fault.

    Proving you were not at fault

    If you are involved in an accident it is essential that you remain at the scene and that the police are called. It will be the police who investigate the incident and their report and evidence could play a very important part in your claim for compensation. While at the scene of the accident you should exchange insurance details with the other driver.

    Even if the other driver admits liability, do not take it at face value; they can always change their mind later. Try to gather as much proof as possible that they were to blame and that you are the injured party. This involves getting the names of any witnesses who saw the accident and, if you have a camera phone, try to take pictures showing the damage to your van, the other vehicle and the condition of the road. Also check to see if there are any CCTV cameras in the vicinity, as the footage may well prove you were the innocent party.

    See a doctor as soon as possible

    If you are claiming for personal injury resulting from the accident you need to have proof. If you are not taken by ambulance to the hospital visit a doctor as soon after the incident as possible; do this even if you are feeling well. The hospital or doctor’s report will provide evidence regarding the extent of any injuries and this information will be useful when it comes to making a claim for compensation. Do not forget that the compensation is intended to help cover any loss of earnings suffered as a result of the accident, additional medical treatment, recuperation and convalescence and, in more serious cases, contribute towards your personal welfare if the injuries are life changing.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Seek expert legal advice

    The compensation you receive will be more than a recompense for the injuries suffered in the accident. The cash will be needed to cover lost earnings and help you avoid any hardship that might be experienced following an accident that was not your fault. It is therefore essential that you secure the best legal advice possible, namely solicitors who have the professionalism and experience to deal with this type of case.

    How much will legal representation cost?

    Our solicitors will discuss the case with you and if they feel you have a reasonable chance of success will represent you on a no win, no fee* basis. This means that even if the claim fails you will not have to pay us for representing you.

    Date Published: September 24, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.