How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Should you use a neck brace after whiplash?

    If you are of a certain age, you may remember seeing people wearing neck braces after suffering whiplash in a car accident. There was a time when this was the standard treatment. The idea was to give the neck time to rest and recover from the accident, and to ensure you didn’t move it too much. However, is wearing a neck brace after whiplash still considered to be a good idea?

    What do you think?

    A recent survey conducted on our behalf questioned people on whether they thought a neck brace was a good idea. 54% of people thought it was better to keep the neck mobile, while the remaining 46% thought that a neck brace was the best solution. As you can see, this was a fairly even split, so who was right?

    In truth, the type of treatment recommended does not now include wearing a neck brace after whiplash. Instead, it is better to keep moving your neck, and to perform a series of gentle exercises. Your GP can recommend what you should and shouldn’t do, and how to make sure you can achieve a speedy recovery. Suffering whiplash is never a nice experience, but the more you can do to ensure you get better quickly, without overdoing it, the easier it will be to recover.

    What should you do if you have experienced whiplash in an accident?

    If this has happened within the last three years, it might be worth finding out whether you could make a claim to get some compensation for whiplash and any other injuries you might have suffered. The best way to do this is by calling Accident Advice Helpline. We’ve created a free enquiry line specifically to use in situations just like these. Call now on 0800 689 0500 to make good use of it.

    If you are in a position to make a no win, no fee* claim, we can advise you of this. One of our lawyers could then take on your case if you want to go ahead. We’ll let you know what happens and when, so you will always be kept in the loop regarding your situation. There is nothing to lose by finding out more, as our advice is given on a no-obligation basis. Who knows, you could be in the ideal position to claim compensation for whiplash and other injuries as well.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Whiplash True or False

    Date Published: May 3, 2016

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Category: Research

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.