How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Uninsured drivers – who will pay my claim?

    It’s the stuff nightmares are made of; you’re involved in a car crash that’s the other party’s fault and find out they don’t have car insurance! In situations like this, your first reaction is probably to feel sick and stressed – but the good news is that you can still claim for compensation if you’ve been injured in a road accident that wasn’t your fault.

    So what happens now?

    Whether you’re a driver, passenger, pedestrian, motorcyclist or cyclist, if you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured or stolen vehicle, you’re probably feeling really worried. If the other party is uninsured for the vehicle they’re driving but it is insured in someone else’s name (for example a husband driving his wife’s vehicle), then you may still be able to claim compensation from the insurance company, however this is entirely at their discretion. If there is no insurance policy in place at all on the car, you could contact the Motor Insurer’s Bureau (MIB) who should be able to help.

    You should note that if your accident happened on a private road or dwelling, you may not be able to claim, as there is no law enforcing people to insure their vehicles for use on private roads. If you’re involved in an accident with a stolen vehicle, the original owner’s insurance may compensate you, but again this is entirely at the insurance company’s discretion. If they’re unwilling to help, contacting the MIB may be your only option.

    Accident Advice Helpline to the rescue

    Because dealing with the MIB can be a complex and often lengthy procedure, it’s a good idea to appoint a specialist personal injury lawyer to deal with them on your behalf, and that’s where we come in. We’re recommended by our patron, Esther Rantzen, and accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers – all this and we have over 13 years’ experience in the industry too, so you know you can trust us to provide a professional service.

    We know how stressed you’re feeling; we’ve handled hundreds of similar claims, assessing each one on an individual basis and helping to minimise those feelings of worry. You don’t even need to worry about expensive legal fees, as our 100% no win, no fee* service means there’s nothing to pay unless your claim is successful. Just a quick call to our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 could put your mind at ease – we can offer advice or get the ball rolling on your claim, so pick up the phone and give us a call today to see how we can help you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: January 12, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Uninsured driver claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.