How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Understanding your industrial injury benefit

    If you fall ill or are involved in an accident that results in some form of disability, you can make a claim for industrial injury benefit.

    Thanks to our years of experience, we at Accident Advice Helpline are experts in all matters pertaining to personal injury including industrial injury benefits. We have successfully assisted thousands of people to make claims for such benefits and we understand how confusing the process can be. This is why we endeavour to provide our clients with the latest advice regarding industrial injury benefit.

    We take pride in being one of the premier personal injury law firms in the UK and you can therefore be sure that our information is accurate.

    Why should I claim industrial injury benefit?

    You should claim industrial injury benefit to help you to cope with your disability. Industrial accidents affect both you and your family; they may also alter your quality of life.

    Depending on the disability, you may not be in a position to provide for your family any more. This is especially true if you were the breadwinner.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The amount you receive as your injury benefit is meant to help you to live a relatively normal life. You and your dependents can enjoy a lifestyle that is close to the one you had before your disability.

    What are the eligibility criteria?

    In order for you to receive industrial injury benefit, you need to have been involved in an accident or developed an illness as a direct result of your work. The accident or event responsible for your disability must also have happened when you were working in England, Scotland or Wales.

    If you were involved in an accident outside these jurisdictions then you are disqualified from receiving the benefit. Additionally, you cannot claim industrial injury benefit if you are self-employed.

    How will my disability be assessed?

    Before receiving this benefit, you need to undergo a medical assessment conducted by a qualified doctor. The doctor will examine you and compare your health and overall ability with that of a healthy person of the same age and sex. Your disability will then be assessed as a percentage.

    According to the law in the UK, you must have suffered a loss of mental or physical faculty amounting to more than 14% for you to receive any industrial injury benefit.

    How much money will I receive?

    The amount of money you receive as your injury benefit depends on the particular circumstances of your case. The higher your level of disability, the more money you are generally entitled to receive.

    Where can I get help?

    A specialist industrial injury solicitor can help you with your industrial injury benefit claim. We have a dedicated team of some of the best solicitors in the UK working for us at Accident Advice Helpline and we can appoint a solicitor qualified to assist you in claiming your benefit.

    Simply call us on our 24-hour helpline on 0800 689 0500 and one of our trained advisers will explain the process.

    Date Published: October 17, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.