How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Understanding an accident at work and sick pay

    The aftermath of an accident at work can be a difficult time financially, and you may be wondering if you’re entitled to claim sick pay. Your company may have a sick pay scheme in place (details of which you’ll find in your employment contract), but even if they don’t, you should be able to claim statutory sick pay for up to 28 weeks, provided you have been off work for four or more days in a row, including non-working days.

    The amount you will receive in statutory sick pay is usually considerably less than your salary, which is why you may want to consider making a claim for personal injury compensation if you have been injured and your employer is to blame. You can find more about an accident at work and sick pay by getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline, as we have over 15 years’ experience helping people claim compensation after workplace accidents.

    Finding out more about an accident at work and sick pay

    In order to be entitled to sick pay, you need to be classed as an employee. This means you’ll have a contract of employment and that your employer is responsible for paying your tax and national insurance contributions. Self-employed people such as tradesmen or contractors aren’t eligible to claim statutory sick pay. So if you or a member of your family is injured in an accident at work caused by somebody else and you are self-employed, claiming personal injury compensation is the best way to make things easier for yourselves financially after an accident.

    For example you may be working as a roofing contractor and fall from the roof due to a lack of safety equipment. Who is going to provide for your family whilst you’re unable to work due to a fractured arm and a back injury?

    How can we help you?

    Accident Advice Helpline can provide you with advice relating to an accident at work and sick pay, and help you to get the compensation you’re entitled to if somebody else is to blame for your accident. So if you have been injured in an accident at work, whether you have suffered minor or more serious injuries, pick up the phone and call us on 0800 689 0500 (or call 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) to find out more about making a 100% no-win, no-fee* claim – we’re waiting to hear from you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.