How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    True or false? An existing condition hampers my chances of filing a work accident claim

    True or false? An existing condition hampers my chances of filing a work accident claim

    Have you had an injury at work but you are unsure about your grounds to claim due to a pre-existing condition? Accident Advice Helpline is here to help.

    Have you had a recent accident at work?

    Every day employees around the UK suffer accidents at work. These accidents range from repetitive strain injuries to slips, trips and falls. Statistics from the Health and Safety Executive state that of the main industrial sectors, agricultural, construction, waste and recycling had the highest rates of work-related injuries. The most common injuries included slips and trips, which make up over 40 per cent of work-related injuries.

    Do you have a pre-existing medical condition?

    The law states that if you have been injured at work and someone else was to blame then you should be compensated, a view endorsed by Ester Rantzen, consumer champion and patron of Accident Advice Helpline. However, some workers are not filing a work accident claim due to an existing condition that they think may hamper their chances of receiving compensation.

    You can still claim for personal injury compensation after an accident

    In fact, if you have suffered a work-related injury in the last three years that was not your fault then you could be entitled to compensation. A pre-existing condition may not damage your chances of making a claim. Actually, if an existing condition has been made worse from a work-related injury then you will almost certainly have grounds to make a claim.

    For example, if an existing leg injury has become worse after a recent industrial accident, or a pre-existing skin condition has become exacerbated by new chemicals in the workplace, then you will certainly have the basis of a claim against your workplace.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Friendly, professional advice

    If you are unsure about making a claim for a work-related injury and you do have a pre-existing medical condition, then consult our compensation calculator to see if you qualify. It is straightforward, simple and only takes 30-seconds.

    If you do qualify then you will be put into contact with a specialist solicitor who you will be able to speak to in confidence about your work-related accident claim. They will be able to offer you friendly, professional advice and advise you on the best way to move forward.

    Date Published: November 21, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.