How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Tripping on an uneven path abroad claim

    Making a compensation claim for tripping on an uneven path abroad might seem daunting for most people. You not only have to deal with the language barrier in some instances, but you will also have to wade through a myriad of foreign bureaucracy, laws and legislation. This might be too much for you, especially if you are nursing injuries.

    At the Accident Advice Helpline, we have dealt with numerous compensation claim cases and have the requisite expertise and knowledge to help with yours. If you have been the victim of a slip or trip caused by uneven paving abroad, then contact us today and let us help you with your compensation claim.

    Why should I make the claim?

    Many people are not aware that they can make a compensation claim for injuries sustained as a result of tripping on uneven pavement abroad. However, making a compensation claim against the local council or the body charged with the responsibility of maintaining the pavement should always be considered. The compensation awarded will help you recover expenses, such as medical fees and prescription costs.

    Additionally, the claim will get the attention of the local authority and (hopefully) action will be taken to ensure the path is repaired, which will help prevent further accidents and injuries.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How much will I receive?

    The amount awarded as the result of making a tripping on uneven path abroad claim depends on a number of factors. Key among these is the compensation law of the country where the accident took place. While some personal injury claims from accidents abroad can be brought and handled in the UK, others may have to be settled overseas. Your personal injury solicitor will calculate the estimated value of your claim, based on the amount awarded for similar cases in the past.

    We will keep you informed throughout the course of the entire claim process and our solicitors will work hard to ensure you win the compensation you deserve.

    What are the criteria for making a claim?

    In order to make a successful claim, the following criteria must be met:

    • The claim must be made within a specified time period. In the UK this is three years, though it varies from one country to  another
    • You must have sustained injuries and received medical treatment for them
    • You must have evidence to prove the accident happened due the relevant authority’s negligence

    Who can help me make my claim?

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we have some of the best solicitors in the UK on our team and will work with our network of agents abroad to ensure you are awarded the maximum compensation. We understand that filing compensation claims abroad can be stressful and seek to shoulder as much of the burden as possible, leaving you free to concentrate on recuperating.

    All our solicitors work on a 100% no fee no win basis, so that the risk of starting the claim process is reduced. Call our 24-hour helpline on 0800 180 4123 or fill in our online claim form to begin the process today.

    Date Published: October 8, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.