How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Tripping accident counselling

    Sometimes the victims of tripping accidents find that returning to normal involves more than simple physical recovery and that they need tripping accident counselling to help them regain the life they had before they fell. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we know that coping with trauma, injury and the after effects of an accident is a difficult task and can have a profound impact on your mental health and well-being.

    Fortunately, if someone else was legally responsible for an accident that left you in need of medical treatment and your accident happened in the last three years, you have a good chance of being able to file for personal injury compensation that is intended to cover the costs of any necessary counselling in addition to the medical treatment you need. The other party bears some legal responsibility for the damage to your mental health as well as to your physical health.

    An injury can change your life in all sorts of ways. Victims of injuries like this may find that they are left with problems such as:

    • Anxiety
    • Depression
    • Money worries.
    • Struggling to cope with family life and relationships.
    • Being unable to do the things they used to do, like moving around easily or going to work.
    • Facing additional pressure at work.
    • Experiencing flashbacks, panic attacks or difficulty sleeping.

    With any psychological damage, it is always better to get professional help as soon as possible. If you plan to submit a claim for personal injury compensation, you need to know what options are open to you. Unfortunately, the NHS usually has long waiting lists for general counselling and specialist help. However, you may not need to delay getting treatment. If you qualify for personal injury compensation, it is important to know that you will probably be able to recover the costs of private counselling in your claim, so long as you can show that it is medically necessary.

    What do I need to do?

    There are two things you must do to support a claim for the costs of private counselling:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • You must be able to show medical evidence of your need for counselling, which you may get from your GP or a qualified medical professional. At Accident Advice Helpline, we can also arrange for an independent assessment.
    • It is also essential to keep hold of all the receipts or invoices for your treatment.

    Filing a claim

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we know that life after an accident is not easy and that legal proceedings can seem daunting. However, claiming the compensation you need to get your life back to normal is often an important aspect of recovery. At Accident Advice Helpline you will not pay to file a claim and we only work on a 100% no win, no fee basis. Our expert solicitors and telephone advisers are on hand to help you file your claim easily and efficiently. For friendly, professional advice about claiming for tripping accident counselling, call us any time of day or night on our 24-hour helpline at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993.

    Date Published: October 18, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.