How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Tripping accident claim

    If you have fallen over at work or in a public place, hurting yourself badly enough to receive medical attention, and you think the accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to file a tripping accident claim. Since the law clearly requires companies or authorities that own or operate in these public spaces to keep them safe and risk-free for people passing through, it also allows victims of their negligence or carelessness to apply for personal injury compensation. Even the simplest things – a wet floor without a warning sign, unsecured drain covers or paving stones – can mean that someone ends up with a tripping injury.

    You will probably be able to make a claim if your tripping accident happened within the last three years and was caused by a hazard that should not have been there, or was not properly signposted.

    Evidence always helps to support and maximize a claim, so if you are in this situation, Accident Advice Helpline recommends that you:

    • Take photographs of the hazard that caused you to trip and of the surrounding area.
    • Get the names and contact details for anyone who witnessed your accident.
    • Collect and keep receipts for any of the costs associated with medical treatment – including petrol, food and drink while in the hospital, and emergency childcare.
    • File any paperwork showing loss of work or earnings.
    • Get copies of referrals and recommendations for further medical treatment.

    If you think your accident qualifies you for personal injury compensation, try the 30-second compensation calculator on Accident Advice Helpline’s website to get an estimate of what you could receive. Just select answers to four questions to receive a call back from one of our trained advisers.

    Many people feel cautious about starting out on a tripping accident claim. They worry about costs and paperwork. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, our expert lawyers have helped hundreds of victims claim the compensation they are due. In addition to their professional experience, they bring a commitment to customer service in every single case. At Accident Advice Helpline, you can expect:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • 100% no win, no fee.*
    • No money needed to start a claim.
    • Efficiency, expertise and experience.
    • 24/7 accident helpline.

    If you have been hurt in a tripping accident, you will know all the ways in which it can change your life and make everyday life more difficult. Whether the damage was to your ankles, knees, wrists, back or head, you might need transport to medical appointments or be reliant on other people to help you carry out basic tasks while you recover. You might suffer loss of earnings if you are unable to work while the injury heals. It all costs money, time and trouble and personal injury compensation is there to make sure that whoever was responsible for the accident contributes to these costs, so that victims do not suffer twice over.

    Our clients are often surprised and delighted by the difference compensation makes to their situation and peace of mind. Do not hesitate – call us today on our 24-hour helpline at 0333 500 0993 or 0800 689 0500 to discuss your claim.

    Date Published: October 18, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.