How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Have you tripped due to negligence?

    What does negligence mean? Put simply, it means a lack of care. For instance, it might mean an employer has failed to take adequate care in making the workplace safe for their employees. It may also refer to a breach of duty in the same manner. An employee responsible for health and safety may not have fulfilled their duties in handling all health and safety matters in the workplace, for example. If someone tripped due to negligence in the workplace, they would have a right to claim compensation for those injuries.

    Thankfully, such cases are still a rarity in the UK today. The Health and Safety at Work Act has made sure a huge majority of employers follow the procedures required of them to make the workplace a safe place to be. This applies to any customers or clients that might have reason to visit the premises as well.

    Is a trip really that dangerous?

    It can be, although the majority of them will be relatively minor in nature. However, even if you only sustain a minor injury by tripping over, you could still end up struggling to get on with life as you normally would. Even a few days’ pain and discomfort from an injury can be uncomfortable to deal with.

    Injuries to one or both feet would be more common in these instances. However, you might also sustain injuries to one or both hands if you try to break your fall. You won’t always fall over if you trip, but you never know what situation you might be in or whether you would completely overbalance.

    Accident Advice Helpline could help

    Sometimes you may not be able to claim if you tripped over. However, if it can be definitively proven that you tripped due to negligence, you may have a far stronger case. The team at Accident Advice Helpline are best placed to discover the answers for you. If we think you do have a strong claim, we could recommend you to one of our expert lawyers who regularly deal with such cases.

    Open Claim Calculator

    To learn more, you simply have to call 0800 689 0500. Once that’s done, you’ll have a fair idea of what happens next. Our team are trained to make sure you always have access to help, advice and support throughout the process of making such a claim, so call them now.

    Date Published: June 19, 2016

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Category: Slips, Trips and Falls Claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.