How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Have you tripped on a computer cable?

    It’s easy to think that working in an office is a safe environment, and for the most part, it is. But there are hazards lurking in your average office which could lead to an accident at work. If your employer is at fault for your accident, you can make a personal injury claim within three years of your accident. Trailing computer cables stretched across corridors or walkways could lead to a tripping accident, and if you’ve tripped on a computer cable then you could suffer serious injuries.

    How have you been injured?

    If you’ve tripped on a computer cable, you may have suffered some of the following injuries:

    • Fractures, such as a broken ankle, hip or wrist
    • Cuts and bruises
    • Strains and sprains
    • Back injuries
    • Neck injuries
    • Facial injuries, if you hit your face as you fall
    • Loss of teeth
    • Head injuries

    As you can see, some of these injuries are very serious – if you suffer a head injury from banging your head as you fall, you may need to take months off work and require medical treatment; you could even suffer a brain injury. There’s a three-year time limit in place to make a personal injury claim, which is why we always recommend getting in touch with us as soon as possible after your accident.

    Don’t be deterred from making a claim by assuming that your injuries are not severe enough. If somebody else, such as your employer or a colleague, is liable for your accident, you could be eligible to make a claim, no matter how minor your injuries.

    Claiming compensation after an office accident

    You can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline after your accident to find out if you have a viable personal injury claim. Our team of expert advisors are on hand to offer confidential, no-obligation advice, however you have been injured and wherever you work. We believe you’re entitled to compensation if somebody else is responsible for your accident. So if your employer has failed to keep you safe at work, we can help you get the compensation you deserve.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Our team of professional personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, so you don’t need to worry about how you will afford expensive legal fees. Pick up the phone and call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 to get answers to any questions you have about the claims process.

    Date Published: June 19, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Slips, Trips and Falls Claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.