How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Tripped at your child’s school? Who do you claim against?

    Tripped at your child’s school? Who do you claim against?

    If you have tripped at your child’s school because the ground on which you are walking was unsafe, you should claim against the organisation that owns the school. This could be your local council, an educational trust, a private company or a charity, depending on the type of school your child attends. If you’re not sure what applies in your case, Accident Advice Helpline can put you in touch with a solicitor who can help you to find out.

    Making a claim

    In order to claim, you will need to take action within three years of the accident occurring. You will need to have seen a doctor about your injuries and it will be helpful if you have photographs of them. One positive thing about falling at a school is that there are almost always other people around. If you can get their details and pass them onto your solicitor, this will help to strengthen your case.

    If you just want to talk to us and find out more about how your case would be likely to develop, you’re welcome to call us. It won’t cost you any money and we won’t pressure you to make a decision about claiming. It’s entirely up to you whether or not to proceed.

    How claiming can help

    Some people hesitate to make claims against schools, because they don’t want them to have less money to spend on children. If you make a successful claim, it will actually come out of the school’s insurance rather than out of its budget, so this isn’t the problem you might have thought.

    Claiming after you have tripped at your child’s school is a good way to draw attention to safety hazards that might not otherwise be taken seriously enough. In this way, it can help to make parents, teachers and children safer. It can sometimes help school staff to get things done about problems that more distant management structures have neglected.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What to expect

    Once you have a solicitor in charge of your case, you can sit back and relax. They’ll take care of all of the paperwork and any complicated legal issues, getting in touch when there are important decisions to be made. You can decide how closely you want to be kept informed about more minor developments in your case.

    If your case is successful, you’ll receive a payout to compensate you for your suffering. You may also receive money to cover medical expenses and any wages you missed out on if you needed time off work after your accident. If you had severe injuries which left you with ongoing problems, you might be able to get money to help you cope.

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline we work on a no win no fee* basis, which means that we don’t get paid unless we can win your case for you. For this reason, you can be fully confident that we have your best interests at heart. We’ll do our utmost to get you the money you deserve while you get on with your life.

    Call us today on 0800 689 0500 to get started on your claim.

    Date Published: October 8, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident at school

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.