Start your claim

Starting your claim with us is both quick and simple using our online claim form
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?


Treatment for a slip, trip or fall injury

Do you need treatment for a slip, trip or fall injury?

If you have been involved in an accident and have been injured then you will most likely need medical treatment. Any treatment for a slip, trip or fall injury may require a stay in hospital or continued medical care in the weeks, months or even years afterwards. Whatever the nature of the accident and the injuries you have sustained you can get help if you need to make a personal injury claim.

As one of the UK’s leading law firms specialising in personal injury compensation, Accident Advice Helpline understands that the treatment for a slip, trip or fall injury might not be simply a case of visiting a GP or your local A&E. Some injuries require operations to put them right and even after such surgery; there are no guarantees that the injury will fully right itself.

What kind of treatment might you need?

It really depends very much on the nature of your injuries. There are so many injuries that can result from a slip, trip or fall and many of them can have long-lasting effects. Here is a list of some of the treatments that might be needed in the aftermath of a slip, trip or fall:

  • Resetting of a broken limb
  • Stitching an open wound
  • Surgery for a compound fracture
  • Chiropractic manipulation

As well as the physical injuries sustained from a slip, trip or fall there are the unseen injuries, the emotional aspects of the accident. Accident victims can become anxious or depressed especially if the accident has meant they are unable to work and therefore are unable to earn a living.

While many employers will pay sickness pay or paid leave in the event of an accident, there are a large number of employees who are employed on so-called ‘zero hours’ contracts that effectively means they are not entitled to holiday or sickness pay. This can have a detrimental effect on the victim’s emotional well-being as they worry about paying household bills during their periods of absence.

What should you do now?

If you have been the victim of a slip, trip or fall injury, and cannot work, then you should contact Accident Advice Helpline today. Our team of advisers will be able to provide you with the information you need regarding how to make a claim for compensation as well as confirming if you have a claim to make.

If you are eligible then our advisers will pass your details to our no win no fee accident solicitors who will work to ensure you receive the right level of compensation for your injuries and any out-of-pocket expenses you have incurred. Your compensation will also include lost earnings.

Get in touch today by calling us on freephone 0800 689 5659. Lines are open now and our advisers will explain everything you need to know and make sure your questions are answered.