How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to treat suspected spinal injuries

    Spinal injuries can happen after a car crash, a fall from height, a slip, trip or fall or any number of other accidents, and they can be incredibly serious. A severe spinal injury could lead to permanent disability, affecting the rest of your life. It’s important that people are aware of how to treat suspected spinal injuries, to avoid causing more serious injuries to the victim.

    You should never move somebody who you suspect has a spinal injury as this could cause permanent damage. Instead, keep them warm with a coat or a blanket and reassure them until an ambulance arrives. Paramedics will stabilise the neck and spine before attempting to move the person and take them to hospital.

    Have you suffered spinal injuries?

    If you’ve suffered spinal injuries after a fall from height at work or in a car crash, you could find yourself eligible to claim personal injury compensation if somebody else is to blame. Perhaps your employer didn’t provide you with safety equipment for working at height, or maybe the driver of the other vehicle ran a red light and hit your car. Whatever has happened, you could make a claim within three years of your accident, and if you have been seriously injured – for example if you have been left paralysed after your accident – you could be awarded a substantial personal injury settlement if your claim is successful.

    Spinal injuries will normally mean taking time off work for treatment in hospital and to recover which can affect your earnings. If your family has suffered financially after your accident, this will be taken into account when you make a personal injury claim. How to treat suspected spinal injuries is an important topic, but what’s even more important is what to do if you think you have a viable personal injury claim.

    Should you make a claim?

    So you’re aware of how to treat suspected spinal injuries and you’ve done everything you can for your friend or family member after their accident. Or maybe you yourself have been injured and you’re wondering what happens now. You could make a 100% no win, no fee* claim with Accident Advice Helpline, and the quickest way to find out if you have a viable claim is to call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Our team of expert advisors are on hand to offer confidential, no-obligation advice, however your accident happened, and we’ve been handling personal injury claims for spinal injuries since 2000, so we can help you get the compensation you deserve.

    Date Published: May 30, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Spinal injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.