How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Travelling abroad – taxi passenger accident claim

    When travelling abroad taxi passenger accident claim procedures can often be quite different from here in the UK, which is why we suggest you contact Accident Advice Helpline for advice.

    Road traffic accidents are traumatic events, no matter who is involved. They are even more stressful if they happen in a foreign country. However, if you were a passenger in a taxi that was involved in a collision, for example, then you may be eligible to file a personal injury compensation claim.

    You can make a claim against either your taxi driver or the driver of the other vehicle involved in the accident, depending on the responsible party. Such accidents can result in a variety of conditions, ranging from whiplash to more severe head, neck or spinal injuries.

    Who is eligible to make a taxi passenger accident claim?

    If you are abroad taxi passenger accident claims can still be made, regardless of whether you are travelling for leisure or work. You can claim compensation if you incurred injuries and received medical treatment for them.

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we understand that accidents in other countries are more complicated, since they may involve extended stays in foreign hospitals, complex bureaucratic processes and possible repatriation to the UK. Our qualified personal injury solicitors have the experience, expertise and contacts to help you through the hurdles of claiming a compensation claim outside the UK.

    What action should I take after being involved in a taxi accident abroad?

    Though the process may vary, depending on the country, it is always advisable to get the details of everyone involved in the accident. These include the names and addresses of both drivers and the registration numbers of the vehicles. Contact details of witnesses might also come in handy.

    Also, make sure you report the incident to the local police and keep any paperwork they provide. Additionally, most countries require that you seek medical assistance as a pre-requisite to filing a traffic accident compensation claim. If you intend to claim for expenses such as treatment received, travel costs to hospital or prescription costs, remember to retain all receipts as evidence.

    What will Accident Advice Helpline do for me?

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we have a team of more than 150 personal injury solicitors who are experts in their field. If your accident happened in Europe we can help you claim compensation directly from the UK.

    Filing a claim for a taxi passenger accident might seem like a complex and daunting process, but our solicitors are here to assist you. If the claim needs to be pursued outside the courts of England and Wales, they will provide you with the relevant guidance and advice. We will shoulder all the stress of making the claim, leaving you free to recuperate in peace.

    Contact us today

    As one of the top law firms in the UK, we pride ourselves on handling all personal injury cases professionally and confidentially. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 for a free and detailed assessment of your case and let us assist you to win the compensation you deserve.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.