How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Tractor accident claim

    If you are thinking of making a tractor accident claim, a call to Accident Advice Helpline is a good place to start. Our friendly staff can take you through your claim and help you decide if you have sufficient grounds for instigating proceedings. They may also be able to estimate how much compensation you could expect to receive.  You do not have to pay for this advice and you will not be put under any pressure to appoint us, should you decide to make a claim. If you do appoint us we will allocate a solicitor to your case and start the claims process.

    Can I claim?

    In order for you to be able to claim compensation, you will need to have been treated by a doctor for your injuries as soon as possible after the accident. This is straightforward in the case of crashes, falls or similar accidents, but in cases of vibration-induced injury, symptoms can take months to develop. This means that, though most tractor accident claims have to be processed within three years, the time limit can be extended in situations where symptoms take longer periods to appear.

    When someone under the age of 18 years is involved in a tractor accident, their parents or guardians can claim on their behalf up until their 18th birthday. If this does not happen they have a further three years in which to decide if they wish to claim for themselves.

    You will not normally be able to claim for vibration damage if you are or were self-employed. If, however, you paid attention to HSE guidelines and a problem is found with your tractor that suggests it was vibrating more than usual, the manufacturer, seller or maintenance person may be at fault. If you were working as an employee and you were ordered to use the tractor for longer than the HSE guidelines recommend, you could have a strong claim.

    How do I claim?

    We find that people have a much better chance of winning their claims if they have solicitors with experience in this specific area. At Accident Advice Helpline, our national network of solicitors means we can usually find the most suitable legal professional for you within just a few days. He or she will then work with you to collect evidence relating to your case. It will be helpful if you can obtain photographs of the tractor and of any obvious injuries you have received.

    Open Claim Calculator

    We understand that many kinds of tractor accident can leave you with injuries that reduce your mobility. This is one of the reasons why we try to ensure you can handle most or all of the claims process over the phone, with any documents you need to sign being sent to you by courier. Often, we are able to arrange substantial settlements without our clients even needing to go to court.

    Winning compensation could make a big difference to your quality of life, help you put the stress of your accident behind you and enable you to look to the future with confidence.

    Date Published: May 31, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Farming accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.