Whether you have been involved in a road traffic accident, or suffered an injury due to accidents at work, the hurt and distress caused can be monumental.
Making a personal injury claim
When the personal injury you suffered is due to an accident that wasn’t your fault, with the help of a law firm, you may be able to claim the compensation you deserve. In just a few simple steps, you can guarantee that you put forward a robust case with a high chance of success.
- Collate your evidence. Regardless of the type of accident you were involved in, it is important that you keep together information regarding the incident that could be used throughout the personal injury claim process. In the case of a road accident, take photographs of the collision, damage to the car, and the injury you sustained. This is also the case for accidents in public and in the workplace. Other useful evidence includes:
- witness details including their name, address and contact number
- records of any medical treatment you have received due to the injury incurred
- Get your facts straight. Providing an objective account of the accident that caused your injury is imperative. Although it is easy to get caught up in the emotions of the aftermath of accidents at work or on the road, try to provide a factual account of the incident. It may help to write down a timeline of what happened, or a short statement, when you are feeling particularly calm.
- Call Accident Advice Helpline. Offering a 24/7 helpline for victims of personal injury, Accident Advice Helpline has 13 years experience in handling personal injury claims. As a law firm working on a no-win, no-fee basis, it is in their best interests to advise claimants on the most likely outcome of their case. Working with a team of solicitors, the legal firm will process your claim and ensure the most suited solicitor available manages it.
- Following advice from Accident Advice Helpline if you do feel that your personal injury claim is worth pursuing, be sure to provide your evidence as requested to support your claim. Compliance with this will ensure a streamlined claim process.
- Sit back and relax. One of the benefits of allowing a law firm to process your claim means that you are able to recuperate from the injury you sustained, without the hassle of legal proceedings.
Date Published: December 9, 2013
Author: David Brown