When you are involved in a car crash, it can leave you feeling shaken, injured, and very distressed. If the collision was no fault of your own, and occurred within the last three years, it is possible that you will be able to claim personal injury compensation for your road-related injury.
Compensation for a car crash
Law firms, such as Accident Advice Helpline, can help you determine the eligibility of your claim, and process the case should you feel it is worth pursuing. With 13 years’ experience, you can rest, following your road injury, safe in the knowledge that your claim is in expert hands.
There are ways to ensure that your case is as robust as possible, which will give Accident Advice Helpline, and their legal team, the best chance of successfully processing your claim.
- Stay calm at the time of the car crash. Road accidents can bring out the worst in people. It is tempting to shout or pin blame, however, how you present yourself at the time of the road-related incident will be considered during legal proceedings. Be calm, patient and compliant. Give statements and offer your objective version of events to the emergency services.
- Take photographs of the car crash and the damage done to your car. This is important as it helps back up your claim with pictorial evidence. It is also handy to have a photograph of your undamaged vehicle too.
- Speak with witnesses at the time of the accident and obtain their details, including names, addresses, and contact numbers. Check that they would be happy to offer their account of the vehicle collision in the case of a claim.
- Take photographs of the injury you have incurred due to your accident on the road. Be sure to take some immediately following the incident, with a progression of photos to demonstrate how it has improved or worsened.
- Keep a record of any medical treatment you required due to your road-related injury. This includes any involvement with the emergency services, hospital appointments, surgery, medication, visits to your doctor, and any impairment your injury has caused your day-to-day living.
If you have been involved in a car crash and feel that you should be entitled to claim compensation, speak with Accident Advice Helpline today. Their dedicated team offer a 24/7 helpline service on 0800 689 0500 to provide support for victims of personal injury, with no obligation to pursue your case.