The hugely popular MTV show Jackass has got people all over the world trying to do copycat videos of its stunts, most of which are highly dangerous and can cause serious personal injury when attempted unsupervised.
If stunts are done badly or something goes wrong, like unexpected slips, trips and falls, then it is highly unlikely that you will be eligible to claim for personal injury compensation, as it you will have been responsible for your own actions and the injuries resulting from the stunts.
Here are the top five Jackass moments you should never re-create at home:
- Skateboarding down the stairs. This is highly dangerous and can lead to broken bones, loss of teeth, serious concussion and nasty cuts and bruises.
- Jumping off the roof of your house on to objects or people. If this stunt goes wrong, there is a high risk that you could die, depending on how you land and what you’re jumping onto.
- Sticking your finger in to a live plug socket. Getting an electric shock can cause body organs to fail or, worse, you could die.
- Attempting to abseil down the side of your house. Again, if you’re not a trained climber, and do not have the correct equipment, this stunt could end up with you being seriously injured.
- Attempting to climb up your house, even if you are using climbing equipment.
However, there may be an occasion when you have fallen victim to someone else’s Jackass style prank. In this case, you may be eligible to claim for accident compensation.
How can I make a claim for slip, trip and fall compensation?
Our friendly, professional and experienced advisers are available through our 24/7 advice line and can help you make a 100% no win, no fee* claim.Open Claim Calculator
However, it is important that you ensure the following points apply to you before attempting to make a Jackass-style stunt personal injury compensation claim:
- Your accident occurred due to your being the victim of someone else’s stunt.
- The accident happened within the last three years.
- The injury you suffered resulted in your having to seek immediate medical treatment.
- The accident was not your fault.
If all of the above apply to you, then it is likely you will qualify for a personal injury claim, and we advise you to call us on 0800 689 0500 in the first instance to learn how you can proceed with an easy and hassle-free claim now.