Mobile towers are hugely useful in many situations. They allow people to reach high places and work in safety without having to use ladders. However, there are potential dangers of using mobile towers that you should be aware of, if you ever use them (or you are using them at the moment). We have collated a few of the main dangers here for you, so you know what to expect.
Exploring the potential dangers
- A lack of training. Anyone using one of these towers should be trained in how to do so safely. This alone can minimise the chances of something going wrong.
- Falls from height. If you were to fall from a mobile tower, you could sustain some very serious injuries. People have broken bones, suffered internal injuries and a range of other injuries as a result of a fall of this nature.
- Overloading the mobile tower. There will be a weight limit on every tower, and while you may not reach it, you should consider the weight of the other items you will have on the tower with you, as well as your own weight. Bricks and blocks, for example, can be exceptionally heavy if you have enough of them up there. You may not be the only person using the tower at one time, either.
- Using it on uneven or sloping ground. Assessing the condition of the ground on which the tower is to be placed is vital. If it slopes, there is a greater chance the tower might keel over or become unstable. Loose materials on the ground can also interfere with balance, which could lead to you losing your balance and falling.
- Crush injuries. Any fall could potentially result in crush injuries, regardless of the height of the tower being used.
Making sure you fight for compensation if you are owed it
Did you suffer an injury relating to the use of a mobile tower? You will know only too well the dangers of using a mobile tower, but you may not be aware of the potential to claim compensation for those injuries. Call Accident Advice Helpline now on 0800 689 0500 to see whether you could be assisted by one of our experienced lawyers. You never know until you call, do you? We are here to help, and we’re only a phone call away.
Category: Construction accident claims