Manual labour can be very physically demanding. It also has the potential to lead to injuries if the proper rules and regulations aren’t in place. Some of the dangers of manual labour are mentioned below, in our top five list of issues that could occur.
Examples of potential risk areas
- Manual handling injuries. This refers to injuries that are caused through moving, lifting or carrying things by hand as opposed to using machinery of some kind. These injuries can develop over time or become apparent very quickly indeed.
- Slips, trips and falls. These are among the most common dangers of manual labour, and indeed occur often in other jobs as well. Potential hazards such as spillages or odds and ends left lying around could lead to slips, trips and falls of all kinds.
- Repetitive strain injuries. You don’t need to lift or carry anything heavy in order to develop RSI. This may potentially occur if you do the same thing over and over again without any breaks or rest.
- A lack of suitable equipment. You should always have the proper equipment to do the job you are required to do. If this is not the case, you might be more prone to receiving injuries.
- Faulty equipment. This really follows on from the point made above. Having the right equipment for the job you are doing is not enough. That equipment must also be checked regularly and it should be repaired or replaced if something is wrong with it.
Find out whether you have a chance to claim for your injuries
The potential dangers of manual labour are easy to see. However, if you do sustain an injury, it could have a profound effect on whether you are able to continue doing manual labour at other times. There may be a chance to claim compensation if you can prove someone else was at fault for letting the situation in which you were injured take place. Call Accident Advice Helpline now on 0800 689 0500, and find out whether one of our lawyers could be well placed to help you make a no win, no fee claim. You never know unless you call us and speak with an experienced advisor. You may have a better idea of your situation in mere moments from now, so call us today and find out more.