There are many different reasons why somebody may claim compensation for a personal injury, but there are some types of claims which are more common than others. Here are the top 5 most common personal injury claims that most specialist lawyers will have dealt with before.
- Road accident – this covers anything from being a pedestrian hit by a car, to a driver, cyclist, motorcyclist or even a passenger in a vehicle involved in a crash. Road accidents can lead to minor injuries such as whiplash, cuts and bruises or more serious injury and even death.
- Accident at work – it’s an employer’s duty to keep his staff safe in the workplace, but even though workplaces are safer than ever before, accidents at work do still happen. Employers should ensure the working environment is safe and provide necessary training, safety equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE). Workplace accident claims could include a slip, trip or fall or a case involving dangerous machinery.
- Clinical negligence – also known as medical negligence; this could cover anything from a misdiagnosis by your GP to failure to treat, or being prescribed the wrong medication. It also covers more serious issues such as birth injury and surgical errors.
- Disease or illness contracted at work – this could include things like chemical poisoning, asbestos-related illness, industrial deafness or hand arm vibration syndrome (HAVS).
- Dangerous product – faulty products can cause serious injury. For example, hair dye could cause skin conditions or chemical burns, whilst power tools could break and injure the user.
If you’re claiming for compensation for your personal injury, it’s likely that it falls into one of the above categories; however, even if it doesn’t, you could still claim.
Claiming for personal injury compensation
The first step in any claim is finding a reliable, professional personal injury lawyer. Accident Advice Helpline employs a team of personal injury compensation specialists, so we’re experts in our field. We have over 13 years’ experience in the industry, and offer confidential, no-obligation advice, no matter what the reason for your call. With a 24/7 freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 and 100% no win, no fee service, why would you go anywhere else?
We understand that the aftermath of an accident or illness can be a stressful time, and you may feel guilty or worried about claiming for compensation. We’ll guide you every step of the way through the claims process, and are here to answer any questions you may have; and because most claims can be processed in full over the phone, it’s unlikely you will need to attend court, so that’s one less thing to worry about. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 and get the ball rolling on your personal injury compensation claim.