Holidays can easily be ruined if someone else’s negligence causes you or a loved one to have an accident, costing large amounts of money and inconvenience.
Whether it be a slip, trip or fall, or you have been involved in a road traffic accident as a driver or passenger, had a swimming pool accident, a balcony fall or any other type of accident, there is nothing worse than the realization the your holiday has been a waste of time and money.
Preparing to make a travel accident claim
Before making a claim for travel accident compensation, take the following steps:
- Ensure that you make your claim as early as possible, preferably while you are still abroad. This means those you are claiming against can make a swift response and deal with the problem.
- Try and gather as much evidence and information as possible as this can only strengthen your claim. Photographic and video evidence are important.
- Be clear in your claim. Outline the incident details thoroughly and leave nothing out. The more details the better.
- Keep your claim as simple as possible. Don’t try and complicate things with unnecessary or false information as this can jeapordise the validity of your claim and could result in a failure to be awarded compensation.
- Be as reasonable as possible. If you try to be difficult it will be much harder to get compensation from the other party.
- Don’t rush into the claim without all the evidence you need to back it up. While you should make the claim as early as possible, that is only useful when you are prepared.
- Don’t expect an immediate pay-out, if any. Not all claims are successful and the procedure can take months and, in some cases, years. Be patient.
Making a holiday accident claim
To make a travel accident claim with Accident Advice Helpline, please ensure the following criteria apply to you:
- Your accident occurred while you were abroad.
- The accident happened in the last three years.
- The injury you suffered while abroad led to you seeking out urgent medical attention.
- The accident abroad was not your fault.
If the above criteria apply to you, then it is likely you will qualify to claim for travel accident compensation.
We advise you to call Accident Advice Helpline in the first instance to learn how you can proceed with an easy and hassle-free claim now. Our helpline is available 24/7 on 0800 689 0500.
With over 10 years’ experience in fighting to win travel accident compensation for our clients, we are best placed to take care of your claim.