Slips, trips and falls are serious. Often, victims are due compensation because of their public trip or workplace slip. Sometimes, though, strange things just happen. Here are the ten weirdest personal injuries. Worth a read, if not always a claim.
The ten weirdest personal injury claims are listed below:
- 1: Twisted Firestarter: The victim was an elderly gentleman whose mobility scooter spontaneously combusted right in the street. Fortunately, witnesses were able to drag him clear of the blazing public accident.
- 2: It’s getting hot in here: One fitness enthusiast faced an embarrassing trip to the hospital having hurt her back after being sucked into (not all the way) the filter of the hot tub at her gym.
- 3: Sibling rivalry: Norfolk and Norwich hospital were recently paid a visit by a sore handed man who had taken his failure to set the family high score on the new pinball machine rather badly.
- 4: Santa baby, tumble off the chimney tonight: Though the origins of this story are unclear, it’s part of A&E folklore. Dad attaches rope to bumper of car, ties around waist and climbs onto the house-roof to drop presents down the chimney. Meanwhile, down below, Mum goes off to do some last minute shopping, in the car…The real Santa would have a case thanks to this work accident.
- 5: The Iceman Cometh: A north Manchester reveller mistakes the moonlight for ice on the canal and attempts to walk across. Brrrrr.
- 6: Cold Turkey: Again in Manchester, a women rings on Christmas Day asking how long the turkey should be cooked for, claiming that if they get it wrong the whole family will soon be in with food poisoning.
- 7: I phishing: One poor soul suffered a dislocated shoulder trying to fish their precious apple gadget out of the toilet.
- 8: Toe-curler: Toe stuck in bath-tap = red face and dislocated toe.
- 9: Lorry laughs: One man is loading the lorry. Another gets in and drives off. The first man is badly hurt and probably has a claim for accidents at work.
- 10: Smackdown: Everyone has pictured it, but this poor person actually experienced the car-park barrier shutting on him. To make it worse, he was riding a scooter.
If there is a blame for your claim, Accident Advice Helpline can provide invaluable assistance in securing the compensation you merit. Experts in falls at work and a host of other personal claims, their knowledge and experience will soon have you back on your feet.
It the ten weirdest personal injuries hasn’t given you a taste for what to expect, it might have at least lightened the mood.
Date Published: October 17, 2013
Author: David Brown