How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Are you taking sprained ankle medication?

    If you’ve sprained your ankle before then you probably know the drill when it comes to treatment – PRICE therapy. PRICE stands for protection, rest, ice, compression and elevation, and for most people it is enough to relieve the pain and swelling associated with a sprained ankle. You can take over-the-counter painkillers such as ibuprofen and paracetamol to help deal with pain from a sprain, but what if the pain is really severe?

    For serious sprains, your GP may prescribe sprained ankle medication. Whether or not you pay for your prescription on the NHS depends on where in the country you live, but if you don’t receive your prescriptions for free then you may be worried about the cost of paying for medication.

    Claiming compensation for sprained ankle medication

    The good news is that if somebody else caused your accident, you may be able to claim compensation not only for your injuries, but also for the cost of sprained ankle medication you have obtained on prescription from your doctor. You could also make a claim towards the cost of travelling to medical appointments and be compensated for your lost earnings, if you have had to take time off work after your accident. But what counts as an accident caused by somebody else? Well, if you were injured at work and your employer was negligent – for example if you slipped on a wet floor with no warning signs or tripped over cables left trailing at the office – then you could make a claim against your employer.

    If you were injured in a public place such as a shop or leisure centre, the management could be held liable. Accident Advice Helpline can help you to put together a comprehensive claim for any financial losses you’ve suffered as a result of your accident, as well as for your pain and suffering.

    Get in touch with us within three years

    Because there is a three-year time limit in place to make a claim for injury compensation, you can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline at any point within the next three years. The best way to contact us is to call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) to find out more about making a 100% no-win, no-fee* claim. Most claims can be settled over the phone, so it’s unlikely you will need to go to court. Our team of expert personal injury advisors is on hand, offering confidential advice, and there is no obligation to proceed with a claim at any point.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: March 10, 2017

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Ankle injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.