How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Sutton Council compensation bill reaches £1.5 million

    By David Brown on August 21, 2014

    Between 2010 and 2014, Sutton Council paid out almost £1.5 million in compensation. These figures, obtained under a Freedom of Information request, show Sutton Council compensation figures for payments every year, dating back to 2010.

    The council, currently looking to shave £40m off their annual budget of £152m, are paying out up to £400,000 a year in compensation. Figures show that £317,115.11 was paid out between 2010 to 2011, while from 2012 to 2013 the figure peaked at £383,627.44. In total, Sutton Council compensation has reached £1,440,249.56 since 2010.

    A spokesman for the council said, “Each claim for compensation is investigated by the council’s insurance specialists, along with the relevant teams involved. We take those investigations very seriously and in the vast majority of cases, the council is found to be not liable and no compensation is offered.”

    This money has been paid out to members of the public or council staff for insurance claims relating to vehicle damage or claims for personal injury compensation.

    Could you claim personal injury compensation?

    If you have been injured on council-owned property – for example, if your child has been injured at a play park or if you have suffered a trip on a road which has been poorly maintained, you may be able to claim compensation. Whilst slips and trips account for a high percentage of personal injury claims, there are a variety of different injuries you could claim for. For example, if you are visiting your local council offices and a member of staff spills a hot drink on you, scalding you, you may be eligible to claim. The best way to find out if you could have a viable claim is to contact a personal injury lawyer – remember, there is usually a three year time limit in place.

    Contact Accident Advice Helpline

    We have been in business since 2000, and because we have 14 years’ experience in the personal injury industry, Accident Advice Helpline should be your first port of call if you are considering making a claim for compensation against your local council. It’s easy to speak to a member of our team for confidential, no-obligation advice – just call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 – we’re open 24/7. Or take the 30-second test on our website right now, to find out how much you could claim. We’re not like other personal injury lawyers; we really care about our customers and we offer a 100% no win, no fee* service. No matter how you have been injured, trust us to help you.

    Source: Lancashire Telegraph

    Share On


    Date Published: August 21, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: News

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.