Camping trips are a great way to get away with friends and family and have fun. But, such trips are not without their dangers, so it’s always vital to know where you stand with travel accident compensation to keep safe. Avoiding hazards and keeping clear of danger is a key part of ensuring you have an enjoyable and relaxing trip.
How do I make sure I’m safe on a camping holiday?
Camping holidays are fun, but the nature of being outdoors can leave you open to a wide range of potential problems. Here are some tips on avoiding camping holiday perils:
- Never Use a Stove in a Tent – As far as no-nos go, using a stove inside your tent is a NO NO. It can be tempting to escape the elements and cook away from wet weather, but using such equipment inside a tent is a major fire hazard. Instead, make sure you have a designated area that is well ventilated with cover in case of rain or high winds.
- Prepare Food Thoroughly – Barbeques and outdoor cooking are synonymous with camping, so making sure food is properly prepared is key in avoiding camping holiday mishaps. Always ensure that ingredients are fresh and that meals are cooked properly to avoid food poisoning and other problems that may ruin your trip.
- Always Camp in Designated Areas – Although it may be tempting to find your own special camping spot, you should always make sure that you are pitching in a safe area. Licensed campsites are always best, and will provide the amenities needed for a pleasant stay while keeping you away from potential hazards.
- Prepare for the Weather – With the UK’s climate being a difficult one to predict, it’s always wise to prepare for all eventualities. Make sure you have warm, waterproof clothing in the event of cooler conditions, while preparing for a hotter environment with breathable garments and sun cream.
- Be Safe When Outdoors – All activities outdoors incorporate some sort of risk, so it is best to use common sense when moving around or joining in organised pursuits. Avoid slippery paths and ground to make sure you steer clear of camping holiday dangers.
UK holidays can make extremely fun and pleasurable breaks, but it is important to remember to stay safe and avoid dangers to ensure you have a safe camping trip. Make sure you follow our survival guide to maximise fun and safety.
Date Published: November 10, 2013
Author: David Brown