Cruise ship holidays are becoming more and more popular by the year, and can allow tourists to visit some of the most beautiful places in the world.
Cruise ships are huge vessels that are almost like small towns on water, which means those on board can face similar dangers to those on their local high street. Slips, trips and falls can still occur, which is why it is important keep the following points in mind:
- Always alert crew members of spillages or loose objects that you may come across. There is a high chance they are not aware of them, and they could result in another tourist suffering a slip, trip or fall during their cruise.
- Try and stay away from the edge of the cruise ship, particularly during rough seas, in order to prevent yourself and/or others falling overboard.
- If the cruise liner has a swimming pool, do not swim out of your depth, to reduce the risk of drowning.
- Keep hydrated and make sure you eat at regular intervals to prevent illness during a cruise, particularly when travelling in a hot climate.
How do I claim for travel accident compensation after suffering an injury on a cruise?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer personal injury during a cruise holiday, Accident Advice Helpline have the experience to advise you on whether or not you qualify for a claim and whether you may be successful.
Our friendly, professional and experienced advisers are available through our 24/7 advice line and can help you make a 100 per cent no win, no fee* claim.
However, it is important that you ensure the following points apply to you before attempting to claim for cruise travel accident compensation:Open Claim Calculator
- Your accident occurred while taking a cruise.
- The accident happened within the last three years.
- The injury you suffered while taking a cruise resulted in your having to seek immediate medical treatment.
- The accident happened through no fault of your own.
If all of the above apply to you, then it is likely you will qualify for a travel accident compensation, and you should call us in the first instance to learn how you can proceed with an easy and hassle-free claim now.