It is well known that being stressed at work is extremely unhealthy for both your physical and mental wellbeing.
But, if you are currently stressed at work, be aware that there are steps and procedures to take in order to relieve stress and make the best of your situation. If you battle your stress head-on, you may end up making more costly mistakes in the workplace and, in some cases, suffer accidents at work.
What can I do to reduce the risk of suffering personal injury at work as a result of ongoing stress?
- Exercise more often in order to sharpen your focus and raise your heart rate. It has been proven that aerobic activity is a great way to boost your mood.
- Eat correctly and cut out unhealthy foods. Eat more fruit and veg in order to get the right vitamins and nutrients to keep you staying alert and healthy.
- Ensure you get at least eight hours of sleep every night. Tiredness can leave you even more stressed, while stress alone can cause insomnia. Give your body enough time to relax and replenish itself over night.
How do I claim accident at work compensation if I suffered an injury due to stress?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer an injury as a result of being stressed at work, such as being involved in a car collision or suffering a nasty slip, trip or fall, Accident Advice Helpline have the experience to advise you on whether or not you qualify for a claim and if you may be successful.
Our friendly, professional and experienced advisers are available through our 24/7 advice line and can help you make a 100 per cent no win, no fee** claim.
However, it is important that you ensure the following points apply to you before attempting to make a successful personal injury compensation claim:
- The accident happened while you were stressed because of work.
- The injury you suffered resulted in your having to seek immediate medical treatment.
- The accident, either on foot, on the road or at work, was not your fault
If all of the above apply to you, then it is likely you will qualify for a personal injury claim due to being stressed at work, and we advise you to call us in the first instance to learn how you can proceed with an easy and hassle-free claim now.
Date Published: October 1, 2013
Author: David Brown