If you are teacher and regularly take your pupils on schools trips, then it can be a difficult task making sure you keep both scores of children and yourself safe from any potential dangers that you may face.
If you suffer a slip or trip, or have endured accidents at work such as a slip, trip or fall while on a school trip, you may be eligible to claim for work accident compensation.
What can I do to reduce the risk of having an accident on a school trip?
- Depending on where the school trip is, ensure you and your pupils are wearing suitable clothing. For example, if you are going in to the countryside, ensure suitable footwear and waterproofs are worn by all.
- Always keep your wits about you and don’t let your pupils venture anywhere out of sight or, more importantly, somewhere that is a potential danger hazard.
- If the school trip is on a hot day, make sure you and your pupils keep hydrated
- When travelling in a vehicle such as a coach or mini-bus, ensure you and all of your pupils and wearing seatbelts in order to prevent serious injury in the event of a road traffic accident.
How do I claim for personal inuries caused by an accident at work?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer an injury as a result of a school trip, Accident Advice Helpline have the experience to advise you on whether you qualify for a claim and whether you may be successful.
Our friendly, professional and experienced advisers are available through our 24/7 helpline, and can help you make a 100 per cent no win, no fee* claim.
However, it is important that you ensure the following points apply to you before attempting to make a work injury compensation claim:
- Your accident occurred while you were at work.
- The accident happened within the last three years.
- The injury you suffered while you were working resulted in your having to seek immediate medical treatment.
- The work injury was not your fault.
If all of the above apply to you, then it is likely you will qualify for a personal injury claim due to an injury suffered while at work, and we advise you to call us in the first instance to learn how you can proceed with an easy and hassle-free claim now.
Date Published: September 26, 2013
Author: David Brown