Jetlag is caused by a severe change in sleep patterns brought on by travelling through several time zones.
It can take a few days for your body clock to readjust after your body experiences daylight at an unusual time and, if not treated with the right methods, you could end up suffering slips, trips and falls due to being unhealthily tired.
What can I do to reduce the risk of personal injury while suffering from jetlag?
- Prepare ahead of your trip away by changing your sleep pattern in advance; this will reduce the risk of an accident on holiday due to tiredness.
- During your journey, ensure that you keep hydrated. Dehydration and tiredness can cause illness.
- During your time away, get as much exposure to natural daylight as possible. This will help your body clock adjust more quickly to the new time zone.
- Ensure that you repeat the above steps on your return journey to reduce the risk of a slip, trip or fall when suffering from severe jetlag.
How do I claim for a personal injury suffered while experiencing jetlag after a holiday?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer personal injury as a result of jetlag after a holiday, Accident Advice Helpline have the experience to advise you on whether you qualify for a claim and whether you may be successful.
Our friendly, professional and experienced advisers are available through our 24/7 advice line and can help you make a 100% no win, no fee* claim.
However, it is important that you ensure the following points apply to you before attempting to make a compensation claim for a slip, trip, fall or another form of personal injury:
- Your accident occurred while suffering from jetlag after your holiday.
- The accident happened within the last three years.
- The injury you suffered while suffering from jetlag after a holiday resulted in your having to seek immediate medical treatment.
If all of the above apply to you, then it is likely you will qualify for a personal injury suffered while suffering from jetlag after a holiday, and you should call us in the first instance to learn how you can proceed with an easy and hassle-free claim now.
Date Published: October 2, 2013
Author: David Brown